Sunday, November 28, 2010

School of Rock Review


I usually only review items I've purchased at Amazon...But this movie is too cool NOT to review!(I do own the DVD...and, by the way, GREAT extra features...informative and fun!). Comedies are so profoundly overlooked by "The Academy"...and that's a shame. I'm not a huge Jack Black fan...but man, if he wasn't nominated for best actor here, he was robbed! Maybe I love this movie so much 'cause I'm a teacher (I've been a High School SUBSTITUTE-teacher, I've worked at a Montessori School, and I am now a Community College Math teacher)...and my name's Jack!...and I like all kinds of music, including ROCK & ROLL! Seriously, though, this movie is tons of fun and laugh-out-loud funny! Nobody, but nobody, could have pulled this off like Jack Black. So authentic, so spirited, and so hysterical. The rest of the cast is also great...especially the kids! And I always enjoy Joan Cusack...she's so quirky and funny in this flick.(Couldn't you see "Best Supporting Actress"?). Now, repeat after me..."I Pledge Allegiance (I Pledge Allegiance) to the BAND!".....Get more detail about School of Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment