Sunday, September 5, 2010

Precious Top Quality


This movie was filled with a lot of sad moments but it really told a good story. I first was at my friend Isacc's house when I saw this movie. The one thing that I really like about this movie is it gets right to the point and it does not take long for it to get under way. The mom in this movie is someone that you would consider evil. She is so brutally mean to Precious during this movie it's unreal. Midway through the movie when Precocious brings home her first kid she lets her mom hold the kid and what does she do? She through the baby right on the floor. The movie is hard to take in because the reason that Precious is having these kids is because her mom is making her have sex with her boyfriend that way she can stay on welfare and get more money from the government for having another kid. One of the best scenes in the movie is when Precocious stands up for herself and fights back at her mother after she troughs her baby on the ground. It is a braking point in the movie and one that I won't forget. I would say this movie was definitely worth all the awards it was nominated for and the ones it got. I have not read the book but to me if the book is anything like the movie it had to be pretty good. I will go with 4 out of 5 stars and a recommendation to pick up this DVD.Get more detail about Precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment