Friday, December 24, 2010

Buy The Hunt for Red October


My stars and this review are for the Blue-Ray edition. I'm big fan of The Hunt For Red October. I even saw it in the theater when it first came out. Since then I've watched it plenty of times on regular dvd. But, I recently purchased the Blue-Ray. I actually did read the reviews here, as I do whenever I'm thinking about buying a Blue-Ray due to their hit and miss quality. And the reviews for The Hunt For Red October were sort of mixed about the Blue-Ray. It was hard to tell this time. I was thinking that maybe the few things I read about the audio not being that loud maybe were just people who don't know how to work their systems or something. There did not seem to be all that many complaints anyway. Well, I tried watching the Blue-Ray for The Hunt For Red October a few nights ago. I have a very nice system, and everything is certainly hooked up perfectly, with the firmware being up to date in my dvd player, great connections, etc.

The Blu-Ray picture is certainly is good. There was never much of a problem with the picture quality on the regular dvd, but you can tell that the picture is a slight step up. Looks great. The problem is, that the audio for the Blue-Ray for The Hunt For Red October has taken a step down in quality since the regular dvd, and I found it bad enough that I just put the regular dvd back on and finished the movie that way. The Blu-Ray version is pointless. Though the sound is there, there is no, "UMPH". No strength. Its weak. You have to turn it up very loud for dialog and then music and action just blasts. It is like all the backbone has been lost in the sound. I was not expecting DTS or anything, which sure would have been nice, but I at least expect for them to MAINTAIN the sound quality of the regular dvd, not drop it. Well, they have dropped it. Another useless, fast made Blu-Ray with not enough effort put it. Not even any extra features as far as I can tell. They are simply the same ones from the regular dvd. So, thanks for nothing studios. I guess all I can do now is spread the word around and wait till maybe someone gets their act together and does this fine film justice.Get more detail about The Hunt for Red October.

No comments:

Post a Comment